Updated 6 April 2022
- The 1950 Census is Here! Hamilton County (Ohio) Genealogical Society, 9 April 2022.
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions Local History and Genealogy Section Webinar: A Talk on the 1950 United States Census, 4 May 2022.
- 1950 Census Celebration Video. 1 April 2022.
- 1950 Census Records Release Preview. Census Bureau Webinar, 14 Mar. 2022.
- Overview of What’s on the 1950 Census. 2022 NARA Genealogy Series: 1950 Census. 2 March 2022. Video. Slides (PDF).
- Civil War Union Noncombatant Personnel: Teamsters, Laundresses, Nurses, Sutlers, and More. National Archives, 8 June 2021 (Video). Slides (PDF). Handout (PDF).
- Introduction to Genealogy. National Archives 2015 Virtual Genealogy Fair, October 21, 2015.
- Using Records of Artificial Limbs for Union Civil War Veterans, 1861-1927. National Archives, 14 May 2015. (Video). Slides (PDF).
- Introduction to Genealogy, 2014 National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair. (Video).
- Slave Ship Manifests Filed in New Orleans, 1807-1860. A blogtalkradio program hosted by Bernice Alexander Bennett, 31 August 2012.
Selected Past Lectures, Events, and Media in reverse chronological order.
- “Genealogy Research with Government Resources.” North Carolina Library Association’s 64th Biennial Conference, held jointly with the Southeastern Library Association, Virtual, October 22, 2021.
- “Digital Images and Descriptions in the National Archives Catalog.” Humble Area (Texas) Genealogical Society, Virtual, October 11, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
- “1950 Census on Track for 2022 Release, Despite Pandemic.” National Archives News, 30 Apr. 2021. (Mentioned in article.)
- Michael E. Ruane, “During the Civil War, the enslaved were given an especially odious job. The pay went to their owners.” Washington Post, July 9, 2020. (Mentioned in article.)
- Hartland and the Civil War, 29 May 2005, at Hartland, Michigan. (PDF).
- “Research Notes: National Archives.” Association for Great Lakes Maritime History Newsletter, Vol. XXIV, No. 1 (Jan.-Feb. 2007): 7. (Mentioned in article.)