Updated 23 October 2020
This page provides links to legacy NARA Microfilm Publications issued as traditional microfilm publications from the 1950s [?] to 2014 that have been digitized. (Some may only be partly digitized).
This is a work-in-progress.
Some microfilm publications contain records of more than one Record Group (RG) or more than one record series within the same RG. The words in GREEN are a link to the National Archives Catalog entry or entries. “NAID” is the abbreviation for “National Archives Identifier” and that number can be searched in the National Archives Catalog.
Record Group 7, Records of the Bureau of Entomology and Plant Quarantine.
Record Group 9, Records of the National Recovery Administration.
Record Group 11, General Records of the U.S. Government.
- M337. Enrolled Original Acts and Resolutions of the U.S. Congress, 1789-1823. 17 rolls. 35mm. NAID 299811. At least some portion of this has been digitized from the original records instead of microfilm.
- M1331. Numerical List of Presidential Proclamations, 1-2317, 1789-1938. 1 roll 35mm. NAID 74004121.
Record Group 12, Records of the Office of Education.
- M635. Letters Sent by the Commissioner of Education, 1870-1909. 71 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAIDs 731038, 731039, 731041.
Record Group 15, Records of the Veterans Administration.
Record Group 16, Records of the Office of the Secretary of Agriculture.
- M122. Letters Sent by the Assistant Secretary of Agriculture, 1889-1894. 16 rolls. 35mm. NAID 718995.
- M440. Letters Sent by the Secretary of Agriculture, 1893-1929. 563 rolls. 35mm. NAID 656256.
Record Group 17, Records of the Bureau of Animal Industry.
- M1375. Records of the U.S. Morgan Horse Farm, 1907-1951. 12 rolls. 35mm. DP.
Record Group 18, Records of the Army Air Forces.
- M1065. Mission and Combat Reports of the Fifth Fighter Command, 1942-1945. 9 rolls. 35mm. DP.
- M1380. Missing Air Crew Reports of the U.S. Army Air Forces, 1942-1947. 5,990 microfiche cards. NAID 305256. Not sure if they are all online.
Record Group 19, Records of the Bureau of Ships.
- M1157. Index to the General Photographs of the Bureau of Ships, 1914-1946. 9 rolls. 16mm. Part of NAID 513072.
- M1176. Captured Japanese Ships’ Plans and Design Data. 10 rolls. 35mm. NAID 584288.
Record Group 29, Records of the Bureau of the Census.
- T627. Sixteenth Census of the United States, 1940. 4,643 rolls. 35mm.
Record Group 75, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs
- M1. Records of the Michigan Superintendency of Indian Affairs, 1814-1851. 71 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAID 176574145.
- M2. Records of the Oregon Superintendency of Indian Affairs, 1848-1873. 29 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAID 176887683.
- M5. Records of the Washington Superintendency of Indian Affairs, 1853-1874. 26 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAID 176562046.
Record Group 76, Records of the Boundary and Claims Commission.
Record Group 77, Records of the Office of the Chief of Engineers.
Record Group 78, Records of the U.S. Naval Observatory.
Record Group 79,
- No microfilm publications.
Record Group 80, General Records of the Department of the Navy, 1798-1947.
Record Group 81, Records of the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Record Group 82, Records of the Federal Reserve System.
Record Group 227, Records of the Office of Scientific Research and Development.
- M1392. Bush-Conant File Relating to the Development of the Atomic Bomb, 1940-1945. 14 rolls. 35mm. DP. (Part of NAID 567316).
- T1012. Reports of the Office of Scientific Research and Development, 1941-1947. 487 rolls. 35mm. (Part of NAID 567248).
Record Group 233, Records of the House of Representatives.
Record Group 234, Records of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation.
- M1637. Minutes of the Defense Plant Corporation, 1940-1945. 105 rolls. 35mm. NAID 849171.
Record Group 238, National Archives Collection of World War II War Crimes Records.
Record Group 241, Records of the Patent and Trademark Office.
Record Group none, Nonrecord Material