Updated 29 September 2021
This page provides links to legacy NARA Microfilm Publications issued as traditional microfilm publications from the 1950s [?] to 2014 that have been digitized. (Some may only be partly digitized).
This is a work-in-progress.
Some microfilm publications contain records of more than one Record Group (RG) or more than one record series within the same RG. The words in GREEN are a link to the National Archives Catalog entry or entries. “NAID” is the abbreviation for “National Archives Identifier” and that number can be searched in the National Archives Catalog.
Record Group 7, Records of the Bureau of Entomology and Plant Quarantine.
Record Group 9, Records of the National Recovery Administration.
Record Group 11, General Records of the U.S. Government.
- M337. Enrolled Original Acts and Resolutions of the U.S. Congress, 1789-1823. 17 rolls. 35mm. NAID 299811. At least some portion of this has been digitized from the original records instead of microfilm.
- M1331. Numerical List of Presidential Proclamations, 1-2317, 1789-1938. 1 roll 35mm. NAID 74004121.
Record Group 12, Records of the Office of Education.
- M635. Letters Sent by the Commissioner of Education, 1870-1909. 71 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAIDs 731038, 731039, 731041.
Record Group 15, Records of the Veterans Administration.
Record Group 16, Records of the Office of the Secretary of Agriculture.
- M122. Letters Sent by the Assistant Secretary of Agriculture, 1889-1894. 16 rolls. 35mm. NAID 718995.
- M440. Letters Sent by the Secretary of Agriculture, 1893-1929. 563 rolls. 35mm. NAID 656256.
Record Group 17, Records of the Bureau of Animal Industry.
- M1375. Records of the U.S. Morgan Horse Farm, 1907-1951. 12 rolls. 35mm. DP.
Record Group 18, Records of the Army Air Forces.
- M1065. Mission and Combat Reports of the Fifth Fighter Command, 1942-1945. 9 rolls. 35mm. DP.
- M1380. Missing Air Crew Reports of the U.S. Army Air Forces, 1942-1947. 5,990 microfiche cards. NAID 305256. Not sure if they are all online.
Record Group 19, Records of the Bureau of Ships.
- M1157. Index to the General Photographs of the Bureau of Ships, 1914-1946. 9 rolls. 16mm. Part of NAID 513072.
- M1176. Captured Japanese Ships’ Plans and Design Data. 10 rolls. 35mm. NAID 584288.
- M1222. General Photographs of the Bureau of Ships, 1914. 1,100 rolls. NAID undetermined.
Record Group 21, Records of U.S. District Courts.
- M1241 ….. and many more
Record Group 22, Records of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- M720. “Alaska File” of the Office of the Secretary of the Treasury, 1868-1903. 25 rolls. DP. NAIDs 6107060, 6107009, 6107062, 6206050.
Record Group 23, Records of the Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- M642. Correspondence of A. D. Bache, Superintendent of the Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1843-1865. 281 rolls. DP. NAID 564285.
- T274. Nautical Charts: Aid Proofs and Standards. 15 rolls. NAID undetermined.
- T296. Selected Tide-Staff Readings and Hydrographic Survey Soundings of Rear Adm. Robert E. Peary, USN, 1908-1909 North Polar Expedition. 1 roll. NAID undetermined.
Record Group 24, Records of the Bureau of Naval Personnel.
Record Group 26, Records of the U.S. Coast Guard
Record Group 27, Records of the Weather Bureau
Record Group 28, Records of the Post Office Department
- M2075. Records of Appointment of Substitute Clerks in First- and Second-Class Post Offices, 1899-1905. 1 roll. 35mm. NAID 609281.
- M2076. Index and Registers of Substitute Carriers in First- and Second-Class Post Offices, 1889-1903. 1 roll. 35mm. NAIDs 609346 (Index, 1892-1896) and 609345 (Registers).
- M2077. Indexes to Rosters of Railway Postal Clerks, ca. 1883-ca. 1902. 1 roll. 35mm. NAID 609560.
Record Group 29, Records of the Bureau of the Census
- M407. Eleventh Census of the United States, 1890. 3 rolls. 35mm. NAID 2353580.
- M496. Index to the Eleventh Census of the United States, 1890. NAID 55287616.
- T627. Sixteenth Census of the United States, 1940. 4,643 rolls. 35mm.
Record Group 36, Records of the U.S. Customs Service
- M1895. Slave Manifests of Coastwise Vessels Filed at New Orleans, Louisiana, 1807-1860. __ roll 35mm. NAID 5573655.
Record Group 59, General Records of the Department of State
- M179. Miscellaneous Letters of the Department of State, 1789-1906. NAID 152775387 (M179 microfilm version of NAID 583574).
- M1889. Card Index for the Numerical and Minor Files of the Department of State, 1906-1910. NAID 656824.
Record Group 75, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs
- M1. Records of the Michigan Superintendency of Indian Affairs, 1814-1851. 71 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAID 176574145.
- M2. Records of the Oregon Superintendency of Indian Affairs, 1848-1873. 29 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAID 176887683.
- M5. Records of the Washington Superintendency of Indian Affairs, 1853-1874. 26 rolls. 35mm. DP. NAID 176562046.
Record Group 76, Records of the Boundary and Claims Commission.
Record Group 77, Records of the Office of the Chief of Engineers.
Record Group 78, Records of the U.S. Naval Observatory.
Record Group 79,
- No traditional microfilm publications.
Record Group 80, General Records of the Department of the Navy, 1798-1947.
Record Group 81, Records of the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Record Group 82, Records of the Federal Reserve System.
Record Group 85, Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- A3423. Passenger and Crew Lists of Airplanes Arriving at Brownsville, Texas, January 1943-September 1964. 22 rolls. 35mm (Rolls 1-18); 16mm (Rolls 19-22). NAID 1956106.
- A3424. Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Robbinston, Maine, August 1947-June 1954. 3 rolls. 35mm. NAID 4492697.
- A3425. Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Buffalo, Lackawanna, and North Tonawanda, New York, 1945-1974. 21 rolls. 35mm (Rolls 1-20); 16mm (Roll 21). NAID 4499005. Partially digitized; roll 21 is not online.
- A3426, Passenger Lists, 1962-1972, and Crew Lists, 1943-1972, of Vessels Arriving at Oswego, New York. 15 rolls. 35mm. NAID 4441521.
- A3427, Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Rockland, Maine, January 1955-May 1969. 3 rolls. 35mm (Roll 1); 16mm (Rolls 2-3). NAID 1938392.
- A3428. Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Bangor and Houlton, Maine, ca. 1906-1953. 3 rolls. 16mm. NAID 4499046.
- A3429. Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Algonac, Marine City, Roberts Landing, Saint Clair, and Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, 1903-1955. 8 rolls. 16mm. NAID 1938393.
- A3465. Index to Trans-Atlantic Vessel Arrivals at, and Departures from, Eastern U.S. and Canadian Ports, 1904-1939. 1 roll. 35mm. NAID 4477826.
- M1285. Soundex Index to Naturalization Petitions for the United States District and Circuit Courts in the Northern District of Illinois, and Immigration and Naturalization Service District 9, 1840-1950. 179 rolls. 16mm. DP. NAID 4498011 is for the microfilm. NAID 1160705 is for the original paper cards.
Record Group 227, Records of the Office of Scientific Research and Development.
- M1392. Bush-Conant File Relating to the Development of the Atomic Bomb, 1940-1945. 14 rolls. 35mm. DP. (Part of NAID 567316).
- T1012. Reports of the Office of Scientific Research and Development, 1941-1947. 487 rolls. 35mm. (Part of NAID 567248).
Record Group 233, Records of the House of Representatives.
Record Group 234, Records of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation.
- M1637. Minutes of the Defense Plant Corporation, 1940-1945. 105 rolls. 35mm. NAID 849171.
Record Group 238, National Archives Collection of World War II War Crimes Records.
Record Group 241, Records of the Patent and Trademark Office.
Record Group 287, Publications of the U.S. Government.
- M2033. Laws Relating to Immigration and Nationality, 1798-1962, and Directories of Courts Having Naturalization Jurisdiction, 1908-1963. 1 roll 35mm. NAID 55287624. Allocated to RG 64 in NARA Catalog as an artificial series representing NARA work product.
Record Group 351, Records of the Government of the District of Columbia.
- M1116. District of Columbia Building Permits, 1877-1949, and Index, 1877-1958. Index at NAID 1501901 and permits at NAID 1501917 (digitized through mid 1915).
Record Group none, Nonrecord Material